ATHLETE CHECK IN
- It is compulsory for all participants to register on Friday 10th May 2013 between 9am and 6pm only, at the Athlete Check-in marquee within the Expo area on Barnard Park. Please make sure you plan your trip to Busselton to make it to registration on time. No early or late registrations will be permitted. ALL individuals
- ALL team competitors must register betwenn the above stated times.
- The registration marquee will be located in the Registration and Expo Area.
- All participants must bring with them some form on PHOTO ID or TA membership Card. You cannot register without identification.
The race packs will contain all requirements for the race. In addition to participant t-shirts and promotional material, the race packs will also include;
- RACE NUMBER: It is mandatory to for all individual participants to wear the race number on the bike and run legs. All team cyclists and runners must display this number throughout their legs of the event. Participants are advised to purchase a race number belt prior to the event. This allows for the number to be worn on the participants back THROUGHOUT THE BIKE LEG and moved to the front in the run leg as required. Safety Pins will be supplied at Registration for those participants without a race belt.
- BIKE NUMBER must be placed on your seat pillar prior to the bike check-in with the numbers back to back behind the seat pillar so to be visible to all race officials during the event.
- HELMET NUMBER/STICKERS must be placed on the right hand side of your race helmet
- ELECTRONIC TIMING CHIP AND BAND: The event will be timed by an electronic timing system and involves the use of an electronic chip encased in a material ankle band. It is your responsibility, at bike check in at registration to activate your timing chip across the timing matt and to ensure that your correct name is displayed on the computer screen. On race day, entrance to the transition area will be subject to participants having the timing band strapped to their right ankle. Do not lose or forget your timing band on race day – you will not be allowed into transition without these. Limited replacements chips and bands will be available however any lost timing bands will incur a fee of $55
- ATHLETE WRIST ID: Competitors are asked to place their wristband on their wrists following registration. It is your responsibility, at bike check in and on race day to wear the wristband. Entrance to the transition area will be subject to participants having the wrist ID securely fastened to the wrist. The Wrist ID is also your entry pass into the Athlete Function/Medal Ceremony post event on Saturday 11th May 2013 from 6pm on Barnard Park in the Function Marquee. Please do not remove the band after the race. Wristbands are NON TRANSFERABLE if you are not attending the function.
- ADDITIONAL FUNCTION/MEDAL CEREMONY WRIST BANDS: If any additional function tickets were purchased with your online registration, these additional wristbands will be included in your race packs.
- BAG TAG: to be used with on any bag that you wish to be placed in the secure bag compound on race day
BIKE CHECK IN
- Will take place at transition during registration times on Friday 10th May 2013 between 9am and 6 pm only.
- Once registered, you are required to check your bike into transition for the race. A Bike Number will be supplied in your race pack, this must be attached to your seat pillar with the numbers showing behind the pillar prior to bike check in. You are not permitted to register on Friday evening and check your bike in on Saturday morning prior to the race.
- Technical Officials will carry out a cursory inspection of your bike. You should ensure your bike is in safe working order. Officials may check for such things as:
- Front and rear brakes operable
- End plugs on handle bars
- Helmets: Triathlon Australia Technical Officials will carry out a visual inspection of your helmet when you enter the transition area on race morning – please note you do not need to bring you helmet to bike check-in on Friday.
- Please note that the bike check-in is a safety precaution to monitor basic soundness of your bike It is not a certification of roadworthiness by Triathlon Australia Technical Officials. It is your sole responsibility to ensure the mechanical and safe operation of your bike prior to and during the race.
- All race numbers will be allocated a bike rack. Race numbers are allocated in Category order so you will be in a similar area to all other participants in your category. Participants are requested to rack only in the designated rack space for your race number and by handlebars.
- All accessories and/or event requirements should be removed from the bike until Saturday morning; TWA takes no responsibility for lost or misplaced accessories. Only bike saddles and computers can be covered in the event of bad weather. Your competitor bike number (issued at Registration) must be attached to the seat post with the number visible from both sides. You must ensure it is secure and it must not be defaced or cut in anyway. You will be able to go to your bike on race morning to pump up your tyres, place your drink bidons and any other race gear you require.
- The bike compound will be secure and monitored from the start of registration 9am on Friday 10th May 2013 until 5.30pm Saturday 11th May 2013.
ATHLETE BRIEFING (compulsory)
Please note that for the 2013 event, the Athlete Briefing will take place from on Friday 10thMay 2013 in the Expo Village on Barnard Park. It is compulsory for all participants – every team member and all individual participants to attend the athlete briefing during the day. Viewing times will be as follow:
On the HALF HOUR (between 9.30am and 5.30pm) – INDIVIDUAL BRIEFING
On the HOUR (between 10am and 6.00pm) – TEAM BRIEFING
Please ensure your travel arrangements are well planned to allow arrival for registration prior to 6pm on Friday 10th May 2013.